This month the digital team left London for Weymouth. We went to work with the rest of the team located there, but also to present information about GOV.UK to colleagues who deal with external queries. We showed them how to:
- sign up to GOV.UK notifications
- find out when a GOV.UK page was last updated
- limit searches on GOV.UK to just Land Registry pages
We then highlighted the new content available about requisitions.
How to avoid requisitions
We published new web content about how to avoid requisitions. Our “guide 50: requisition and cancellation procedures” has been online since 2003, but we wanted to give more general advice to help conveyancers avoid requisitions.
We created guidance on the most common reasons for requisitions. We then decided to extract tips from each video and the page became too long. So I made a page per video containing tips, video and related practice guides. I also added the video into relevant practice guides. For example, I added the video about discharges to the practice guide 31: Discharge of charges.
Making content accessible
Finally, I added a transcript of the videos on YouTube, where the length allowed it. For example, the text about ‘discharges’, for people who want to read the content of the video.
What we’re working on next:
- Adding information about forms to help people identify the correct form to use
- Map out user journeys to apply to our business e-services and create application forms that can be filled in online