The property market continues to show growth and for many of our customers this means more work. Of course this also means that Land Registry’s intake of work is rising too.
We take a great deal of pride in our customer service and our people are working incredibly hard to keep pace with our intakes. However there are ways that you can help to make things move along more quickly.
- Remember that substantive applications always have priority. This means that unless there is a problem with the application which prevents registration, it is guaranteed to be processed.
- You can help to make the process quicker by submitting applications using our electronic Document Registration Service (e-DRS) which provides downloadable proof of lodgement and priority.
- When collecting information about a property you can also use our free MapSearch service to quickly:
- establish whether the land or property is registered
- view the location of registered land or property
- obtain title numbers, details of freehold or leasehold tenure and other registered interests
- view the location of pending applications.
- If an application becomes urgent, or is holding up a following transaction, you can contact us about it and we’ll see whether there is anything we can do to expedite it. However we do ask if you can limit these to cases where there is a specific issue or pressing need.