Most people use a conveyancer to make changes to the register, but you can also do it yourself using our application form AP1.

The AP1 is most often used when applying to register changes to the register such as a new ownership or a mortgage. While too many cooks can spoil things, we would always suggest seeking legal advice, but if you want to add/remove a partner’s name to the ownership for example, you could complete the AP1 yourself and lodge it with any other required forms.

The recipe for completing a form AP1 may not be as easy as one for pancakes, but if you follow the instructions then it should come out just fine. We have some helpful completion notes available on our website alongside the form, and decided to do this video to show you an example of ‘one we prepared earlier’.

2014-01-23 09.27

Video production team at work

We hope you find the video useful. Please do let us know what other ‘how to’ videos you would like to see from us.

All our forms including the form AP1 to change the register can be found on our website.

By Digital Team,